- Thoroughly pressure wash gutters at a minimum of 3,000 PSI. Rusted areas must be replaced with new gutters.
- Apply primer to gutters.
- 3-Course with GEL & FABRIC over all joints. Do not use PEEL & COAT on any gutters!
PARAPETS COPING (CAP)
- Thoroughly wash or pressure wash parapet coping.
- Prime coping. Any rusted areas must be primed with black primer instead of clear primer.
- Apply 4” Metacrylics PEEL & COAT and GEL or CLEAR BASE, or 3-Course with GEL & FABRIC over the top of the coping (cap) joints.
- Coat with additional BASE & WHITE topcoat.
NOSINGS, EDGE FLASHINGS, & GRAVEL STOPS
- Apply primer to all edge flashings. If new, wipe with vinegar or suitable cleaning agent.
- Apply 3-Course with 6”-9” FABRIC & GEL over the top of the edge flashing.
- Apply the 3-Course 3” on horizontal flashing and 3” on vertical flashing on the outside wall.
- Lift and remove block.
- Apply GEL or ACRYLIC BASE & WHITE coating to the area.
- Allow to dry and replace block.
- If damage to the roof occurs while removing block, 3-Course with GEL & FABRIC and replace block when dry.
WOOD SLEEPERS (HVAC SUPPORTS)
- Jack up HVAC unit and remove sleeper.
- Install Metacrylics 1-Ply or granulated slip sheet under entire area of sleepers and HVAC.
- When the system is cured, replace sleepers. Be sure that lags attaching HVAC to sleepers are not too long and will not penetrate the roof system.
- If sleepers cannot be moved or lifted, they must be completely encapsulated. The area under HVAC should be coated with Metacrylics and reinforced with fabric.
- Thoroughly pressure wash all ducts at a minimum of 3,000 PSI.
- 3-Course duct joints with Metacrylics ACRYLIC GEL & 4” PEEL & COAT.
- Apply 2 gals/SQ of Metacrylics ACRYLIC WHITE in two applications of 1 gal/SQ of ACRYLIC WHITE.
- 3-Course up the side of the skylight curb 6” and onto the field area 3”. Be careful not to cover any weep (drainage) holes in the skylight.
- Apply ACRYLIC GEL to all exposed screw heads.
- Fill pitch pocket with Metacrylics ACRYLIC GEL.
- 3-Course with GEL & FABRIC over the top of the pitch pocket and down to the base of the pitch pocket, and at least 3” onto the roof.
- Apply ACRYLIC GEL to the penetration exiting the pitch pocket for 10” in length.
SCUPPERS & DRAINS
- Remove all old asphalt, mastic, and roofing materials around and inside the scupper. For drains, remove the drain screen, clamp ring, and screws,
- Thoroughly apply Metacrylics primer to scuppers and drains.
- For scuppers:
- Apply Metacrylics GEL liberally to the inside and outside of the scupper
- Cut a 9”-20” square piece of fabric and embed into the GEL. Sometimes overlapping 4” strips of fabric into GEL may be preferred depending on the size of the scupper.
- Embed the fabric at least 4” into and around the inside of the scupper.
- Apply a cover coat of Metacrylics ACRYLIC GEL.
- For drains:
- 3-Course with GEL & FABRIC into the drain pipe at least 2”.
- Take a 20” or 40” square of fabric and place over the drain, cutting a hole out for the drain.
- 3-Coursem then reattach drain ring and screen cover.